A Nightmare on Elm Street VHS Certified by CGC Home Video Realizes $11,875 in Heritage Sale
A sealed and pedigreed VHS copy of A Nightmare on Elm Street certified by CGC Home Video™ realized more than $11,000 in a recent Heritage Auctions sale. The classic horror movie was just one of nearly a dozen CGC-certified home video collectibles to realize high prices in the Horror Home Video Showcase Auction, which ended on October 30, 2023.
The sealed A Nightmare on Elm Street VHS, Media Home Entertainment (1985) graded CGC 9.4 A++ and pedigreed to The Motor City Collection (lot 19004) led the sale, with the cassette realizing $11,875 by the time bidding ended. A horror classic, the 1984 film tells the story of a group of teenagers who are targeted by Freddy Krueger, an undead killer. The movie has spawned a franchise consisting of six sequels, a television series, media crossovers and a remake, which was released in 2010.
Other CGC-certified videocassettes in the auction included:
- a sealed The Evil Dead VHS, Thorn EMI Video (1981) graded CGC 9.2 A (lot 19044) that realized $4,250
- a sealed Ghostbusters VHS, RCA/Columbia Pictures Home Video (1985) graded CGC 9.4 A+ (lot 19073) that realized $2,750
- a sealed Halloween VHS, Media Home Entertainment (1981) graded CGC 9.6 A++ and pedigreed to The Motor City Collection (lot 19085) that realized $2,500
- a sealed Friday the 13th Betamax, Paramount Home Video (1981) graded CGC 9.4 A+ (lot 19201) that realized $2,125
- a sealed The Lost Boys VHS, Warner Home Video (1988) graded CGC 9.6 A (lot 19121) that realized $1,750
- a sealed Maniac VHS, Media Home Entertainment (1981) graded CGC 9.0 A (lot 19125) that realized $1,750
All prices realized include a buyer’s premium.